So, another month has passed and I get ever closer to the London Marathon! This month has been very busy as I’ve been on holiday but I’m really starting to feel that my core and upper body are getting stronger (from my time with a personal trainer and lots of pilates!) and plan to start integrating more running into my gym regime over the next month in the run up to starting my marathon training plan later in the year.
This month in my diaries, I want to encourage others to take up an exercise. It’s the perfect time – we all start dieting and exercise cramming in the run up to our summer holiday and, in a glum holiday comedown, what better to do than throw yourself into a new hobby and get your body’s health in check? So, here’s 12 reasons to take up an exercise right now!
- The more calories you burn, the more you can eat guilt-free (of the right foods of course!)
- Joining a local club or class is a really good way to meet new people and make new friends.
- Going out for a run is a nice way to wake you up and make you feel like you’ve seen the world before you start your day.
- Exercise is such a good way to get your frustrations and stress out after a hard day at work. It’s also a great time to think about problems and think through the solutions logically, before you act on them.
- You will sleep so much better after a nice exercise session.
- If you’re healthy eating, when you’ve finished logging your food with ‘My Fitness Pal’ it tells you what weight you’ll be if you continue in that way and that is super satisfying after a good day!
- The ache in your muscles the next day reminds you how good your workout was and exactly where you’re burning fat!
- Joining an exercise club will encourage you to stick with your new sporting hobby and, when you’ve got those amazing results in a few months, you’ll be grateful for having had the encouragement!
- After sitting at a desk all day, exercises like yoga can really help stretch you out and get rid of pains and niggles in your back, neck and knees and headaches. This will also improve your posture little by little – you’ll thank me in 50 years!
- Getting your friends into a group on your running app will enrage the competitive spirit in you, so you’ll be losing weight and feeling smug about yourself at the same time!
- Apparently doing exercise makes your memory better because more oxygen is being pumped through your brain.
- Lastly, you’ll just feel better. After doing exercise and having a nice shower or bath, the feeling of satisfaction and calm in your body is so nice. Whatever workout you do, however hard, this feeling afterwards is what gets you wanting to do it again and again!
What are your reasons for exercises? Share your encouraging tips below! And if you’d like to sponsor me – any spare pennies would be gratefully accepted here!